Here are some fun facts about Saucony Sneakers:
- Saucony shoeboxes used to have the phrase “sock a knee” printed on them. This was due to the hard-to-pronounce nature of the brand name.
- In addition to regular running shoes, the company is known for their popular racing shoes, including track spikes, cross country flats, and shoes made for specific track and field events.
- Novelist Sue Grafton often includes references to Saucony sneakers in her books. In fact, the character Kinsey Millhone, featured in Grafton’s Alphabet Series, is a big fan of Saucony.
- Saucony is owned by the Stride Rite Corporation, who also makes Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and other popular shoes.
- Its instantly recognizable logo is a representation of the Saucony Creek, and the three circles represent the boulders lining the creek bed.